If you haven’t noticed by now, we are living in a world of Millennials. I am born into the often associated birth years of this group. While I often feel like the furthest thing from a Millennial, sometimes I feel like the definition of one. We, as Millennials, get a bad rap for everything we do, so here’s to us, fellow Millennials. Twenty-one reasons why we suck!
- We like to live a fast paced life. Who has time to smell the flowers? That’s why they make floral perfume.
- We like to think we are old-fashioned. That’s why we send out actual snail mail… on occasion.
- We believe everything can be turned into a get rich quick scheme, which leads people to think we don’t give our all to our tasks.
- Believe it or not, we actually do have a good work ethic. Our type of work just happens to be more computer based so others think we just goof off.
- We spend too much money on unimportant things… But doesn’t everyone?
- We think the world owes us something. We are young after all!
- We’d prefer to have someone do the easy stuff for us so we can spend our time focusing on the bigger picture.
- We rely far too much on our parent’s generosity.
- We are [sometimes] afraid to do stuff on our own. Being in a group is much easier.
- Other times, our ultimate lack of social skills comes out and we would rather be alone.
- We are better able to express
paperword documents than in person.
- We believe the only phone calls that should be made are to older people. God forbid a millennial call another millennial.
- We have the unspoken need to share everything we do. Yes, you must know that I purchased a skinny latte today. You must also know that it’s from #Starbucks.
- We think that there is a quick fix to everything. Often, this leads us to forget the underlying problem until it’s too late.
- We firmly believe in quantity over quality. More is more!
- We often base our values off other people. By this I mean, we cannot have the same values as that person we all hate.
- We easily lose interest in everything we do.
- Speaking of what we do, we often lack any hobbies. Unless Netflix and pizza count as hobbies.
- We lack respect for others. This world is about me and me alone.
- We sleep too much. You mean 20 hours of sleep a day is too much?
- And finally… We love our lives because it takes skill to be a Millennial and we possess that skill in excess!