12.31.2013

101 in 1001

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. 
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List.’ The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

I will try my hardest to keep this list updated weekly for the next 1001 days.

Start Date:
1.1.14

End Date:
9.28.16

Finance:
  •        Apply for a credit card to start building credit (6/1/14)
  •        Put money from each paycheck in my savings account (Since I quit my job, I am aiming or putting money in savings each month!)
  •        For each goal I complete put $10 in savings (101 goals = $1010 dollars saved) (2/101)
  •        For each goal I do not complete donate $10 to charity 
  •        Open a Roth IRA and start saving for my retirement
  •        Donate $10 a month to a charity or to support someone on a mission trip/run/etc (8/33)
  •       Go one week without spending any money

Sorority
  •        Pay all my sorority dues on time 
  •        Get a Little
  •        Do something special for each of my sisters
  •        Get matching “family” shirts with my family line

Fitness:
  •        Complete a 30 miles in 30 days challenge
  •        Run a 5k
  •        Log 100 miles
  •        Try stand up paddle boarding
  •        Become a certified yoga instructor
  •        Try Aero Yoga
  •        Try Sup Yoga
  •        Become a certified diver
  •        Take a surfing lesson
  •        Take a dance class
  •        Take a barre class (1/29/14)
  •        Take a Zumba class
  •        Take a trapeze class
  •        Participate in the Macon Mud Run
  •        Participate in an Instagram Yoga Challenge

Travel:
  •        Go Camping
  •        Go tubing
  •        Find 25 new geocaches (2/25)
  •       Go out of the country
  •        Visit 3 new states 
  •        Go to an amusement park
  •        Go to a Braves game
  •        Go to 10 concerts (1/10)
  •        Attend a multi-day festival
  •        Participate in the Beluga and friends program at the Georgia Aquarium
  •        Swim with the Whale Sharks at the Georgia Aquarium
  •        Go on a Mother/Daughter beach trip (Done! -went to Savannah/Tybee for Spring Break)
  •        Get a caricature of my boyfriend and I done on a trip
  •        See 15 Sunrises
  •        Find sea glass on the beach
  •        Go to Disney World
  •        Go to Sea World
  •        Attend the Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon
  •        Go to the Georgia National Fair

College:
  •        Be asked to join Phi Eta Sigma
  •        Be able to graduate a semester early (in Fall 2016)
  •        Take a Typography Class
  •        Take a Sign Language Class
  •        Take the GRE
  •        Meet individually with each of my professors each semester to discuss grades/etc (3/7)

Domestic:
  •        Get my own apartment (Done - 8/12/14 // Signed for my first house {Aug. 2015})
  •        Complete 3 crafts from my Pinterest board
  •        Cook 3 meals from my Pinterest board
  •        *Once 21* Learn to make drinks
  •        Make a meal in a crockpot
  •        Learn how to juice
  •        Cook my boyfriend breakfast (Done - many times... 12.22.14)
  •        Cook dinner for my boyfriend and I (Check!)
  •        Redo my “at home bedroom” with my mom (Done - Summer '14)
  •        Grow Herbs
  •        Sew/crochet/knit something on my own
  •        Give 5 homemade gifts (Christmas '14 was a mostly homemade Christmas!)

Personal:
  •        Donate Blood
  •        Buy a lottery ticket
  •        Get a Tattoo
  •        Get my second holes in my ears (5/22/14)
  •        Leave 50 Operation Gratitude notes (2/50)
  •        Do my age in random acts of kindness on my Birthday (Ages 19, 20, 21) (Was not prepared for 19)
  •        Have my first legal drink
  •        Get a massage (4.30.14)
  •        Get a facial
  •        Get a pedicure (Did this with my favorite, Carlee!)
  •        Read 50 books (8/50)
  •        Blog weekly (at least) (so far so good)
  •        Volunteer at the 2015 World Special Olympics in LA
  •        Send out Christmas cards (12.10.14)
  •        Play Monopoly
  •        Become CPR Certified
  •        Take pictures in a photo booth
  •        Send 25 pieces of snail mail (10/25)
  •        Leave a 100% tip
  •        Go to the farmers market
  •        Clean out my closet and donate/sell unwanted clothes (6/1/14)
  •        Clean out my room/dorm and donate/sell unwanted items (6/1/14)
  •        Send a message in a bottle
  •        Throw a party for one of my friends
  •        Volunteer 101 hours (21/101)
  •        Wash my truck (5.3.14)
  •        Go to a winery
  •        Dye Easter Eggs (4.20.14)
  •        Get my concealed carry license
  •       Purchase personalized stationary
  •    "Adopt a Soldier"  (1/22/14)

Love:
  •        Go on a date with my boyfriend each month (12/33)
  •        Go strawberry picking
  •        Go pumpkin picking
  •        Have a candlelight dinner
  •        Do a 1000 pc puzzle with my boyfriend
  •        Send my boyfriend a care package at college (just because)
  •        Have my boyfriend participate in this list with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment