11.06.2014

DIY Pumpkin Scented Bath Salts

I am a firm believer that DIY is good for the soul. When you add in fall scents and beauty to DIY, it is a match made in Heaven. Today I have my new friend, Jenna, sharing this wonderful pumpkin scented bath salt DIY. Jenna is an 18 year old blogger from Slovenia that blogs at Sparkly Kid. She blogs about crafting, cooking, and traveling and has a passion for journalism! Show her some love and enjoy this post!




In one of my previous posts I stated how much I love fall and all kinds of crafts that come with it, so today I’m excited to bring you a DIY project tutorial – Pumpkin scented bath salts.
I adore all kinds of bath salts because I don’t have a lot of time on my hands to just relax so when I do get some free time a bubbly bath always makes me feel better.

  


What you need:
-       Salt (This can be either kosher or fine ground salt).
-       Fragrance Oil (For this project I chose the scent of pumpkin, but it can be whichever one you like  – I’ve also made it with orange scent and it was amazing).
-       A Bowl (The size depends on how much bath salt you’ll make).
-       A Spoon (For mixing the salt).

What to do?
Put the salt in the bowl and add the fragrance oil (for one small 0.5dl glass I added 2 drops). Stir this for a couple of minutes and watch out for any clumps.
When the oil has dissolved nicely you can store it in a mason jar.
You can store it for a long time in a jar, just avoid keeping it in humid places.
The bath salt can be done very easily and quickly – 10 minutes of free time is enough to make a couple of small glasses you can later give to your friends and relatives as gifts!


What are your favorite scents for fall?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the opportunity! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! So easy and I LOVE pumpkin!! I can't wait to make these!

    xo,
    Marissa
    www.makinitwithmarissa.com

    ReplyDelete