11.20.2014

Confidence is Key


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. - Thoreau

When I was 16, I attended my first yoga class. Before this class yoga was just a way that people stretch and put their bodies in awkward positions. However, when I left my first class I felt stronger somehow. I continued to practice at home and attend classes sporadically over that year. What I learned is that yoga is a way to find confidence in yourself as you move from pose to pose and attempting (sometimes failing) at harder positions. I learned self acceptance through partner poses and through the asanas that I just could not conquer. (To be honest, I could point out so many issues with my form in the above image but I am happy with those issues.)


After about a year of practice, I knew that at some point I wanted to have to opportunity to teach others the importance of self acceptance through yoga. The opportunity never came about until recently. Today, five individuals and I are trying out for one yoga teacher position at my college. I have less than a 20% chance of getting the position; however, I am not letting that hinder my confidence. Whether I get the position or not, I am so grateful for the confidence and support I have found over the past three years in the yoga community. Though I hope to be able to secure the position, I will not let "failure" stop me from continuing to go after my goals of becoming a yoga teacher.


Top/Pants/Bra: Old Navy // Necklace: A Southern Memory


What are your goals and how are you going after them?



I am linking up with Let Your Light Shine Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I discovered yoga about six months ago when I was going through a particularly hard time and needed an outlet. I was surprised by how much better I felt after just a few days, physically and spiritually. I hope you are able to find a way to share this gift with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I am glad yoga has helped you as well. God Bless :)

      Delete
  2. Your passions and love for yoga and yourself are so infectious. I loved reading this and it makes me want to sign up for a yoga class today!

    ReplyDelete