8.20.2014

Changing It Up

Where has the time gone!? No, seriously. The first week of my sophomore year is almost over and I haven't even realized it's gone. It has been 5 days since I have had free time to sit down and do some things I enjoy such as blogging or reading... I am forcing myself to take some "me" time right now (as I glance around at my messy apartment) and share some of the new experiences I have experienced this past week.

As you probably know by now, I transferred from a college with about 8,000 students to a college with over 25,000 students. This means my average class size has changed from about 30 to about 200. While it is a big difference, it is something I am taking in stride (and relishing in my class that has 17 students). I have taken buses to class and walked long distances through down pours which opposes my previous years experience when I would walk less than a half a mile to class. However, I am enjoying it. I am loving the chill atmosphere this college has to offer and I am enjoying not seeing the same people each day. I am even enjoying having a high school friend in one of my classes! I love the fact that I was able to change my schedule to only have one class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I love the fact that as I am writing this now, at 11 am, that I have been finished with today's classes for an hour already. To keep on with the positive, I love having my own apartment with my own bathroom and a shared kitchen and living room. I love the fact that I only have to walk 10 feet to wash my clothes and that I do not  have to pay for each load. I could honestly go on and on about the good but to spare you, I will stop now.

I have specific plans to finish cleaning and organizing my apartment and life tonight so that I will finally be able to share all the awesome DIYs I have done thus far. I plan to organize my books so I can be better prepared for college! I also plan to be back and active to my blog more-so than I have been lately.

I just want to take a moment to give you all a sneak peak of some of the cool art pieces are currently residing in my room!


This beautiful initial that my friend, Amanda, painted for me is currently hanging on one of my walls!


My Alpha Gamma Delta corner complete with squirrels and a painting by Mary Kathryn Designs!


My favorite project for my apartment would be this pink accent cactus!


Now I am off to get started with my long To-Do list!


No comments:

Post a Comment