7.17.2014

The Testimony // Guest Post


Hello loyal Readers! I am wrapping up my Summer Guest Series this week! I have enjoyed having everyone share posts on my blog and I hope you have all enjoyed them! The last post that is  being shared is this beautiful Testimony from my dear friend Lecie! I hope you enjoy!




My Story! 

    Before I start my testimony, just wanted everyone to know that 
writing/typing this out is easy, but saying it in person is extremely hard! I 
hope it inspires you to go and share and help others! 

    This is not a very happy story in the beginning but towards the end it get's 
better. I'm not going to describe every detail, only what is really important. 
The first school I ever went to was SC Elementary. I had good 
days & I had bad days...well...the truth is  I HATED school! I know every kid 
doesn't like school, but I HATED school! The reason is I was bullied everyday I 
have no idea how it started or what I did. (This is VERY HARD to talk about) 
Middle School (6th-7th) wasn't any better. In sixth grade my Aunt L died and it 
was hard for me, then in seventh grade my nanny died on Christmas Eve. That 
death was almost impossible for me I just couldn't believe that she was really 
gone from my life. Good thing I had a family & "adult" friends to help me 
through it. I was fine until that one day when I decided that is was worthless 
for me to be here "earth"! My friends (at the time)(no longer friends) A. S. and
A. L. told the counselor & they got to me before I could do 
anything! The only people that stuck with me through that awful day & after 
(February 2009) was my coach and the counselor at the school. She is the 
greatest coach I've ever had and the counselor was always there to help me. All 
this drama began before the school went to New York City; when I returned to 
school it had to be the hardest thing I had ever done. I begged mama not to let 
me go I was scared to death about what would happen or what people would say. 
The counselor at the school (she goes to my church) popped in my 1st period 
class (English) to tell my teacher something, but I think that she wanted to 
check on me. I went home crying EVERYDAY. I just wanted to get out of there...I 
felt like I was suffocating. I had to get out of there and fast! 

     C (Andy's girlfriend at the time (Andy is one of my brothers)) 
went to a private school named E Academy, so mom & dad looked into 
it. Before I knew it we were going to look at the school :D!!!!! I was super 
nervous about moving to a new school but we knew it was for the best. The 
beginning of my eighth  grade year I started E Academy, I was super nervous. [Okay so 
this is super hard writing all this stuff down.] Well anyways  I was so nervous 
the first day of school at E Academy. A girl named A. G. said "We should 
introduce ourselves to the new students." I was so scared that no one would like 
me or would think I'm weird. Throughout the year I bonded more with so many 
people. I was so happy & a totally different person. Ever since that day, I've 
been a totally different person!!! 
     In March of 2012 (the exact date is March 16-18, 2012) I went to a 
conference/retreat in a nearby city called Plugged In, it was for girls. 
My best friend Beth (check her out at Wandering Forevermore) invited me. 
My small group leader that me, & the girls we met in our group 
had was named Mrs. N. She was amazing! Friday night took all of my courage &
strength to talk to her; what I mean by that is opening up to her was so hard 
but so worth it! That retreat was amazing I haven't had that much fun & haven't 
cried that hard since camp a few years ago. What I told Mrs. N was what I said 
in the beginning of this testimony.  That's why Plugged In was such a 
breakthrough! At Plugged In is where I gave my life to Christ! 
Yep...Saturday night while our group was praying! I am so thankful for 
Plugged In :)! I went to that event scared to death because I 
didn't know what was going to happen! God had a purpose and now life couldn't be 
better! I've laughed more and cried less!!!! Sometimes life is rough, but that 
is normal. I keep my focus on God and what He wants for my life! Jeremiah 29:11 
& Proverbs 3:5-6! No matter what happens in life good or bad...God will always 
help you through it! Life after that weekend has been great and terrible, but 
God literally saved me from making the worse mistake of my life. A mistake that 
could of ruined my family and friends lives! Even though it's painful to talk 
about God is using my testimony to help others with the same issues that I went 
through! So you are NEVER alone! Just have faith and trust in Him! 

     ****Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the 
Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a 
future."****

     *****Proverbs 3:5-6 is my favorite verse & it says, "Trust in the Lord with 
all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways 
acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."****** 


"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the 
breaking of bread and to prayer." ~Acts 2:42 

No comments:

Post a Comment