1.21.2014

Sunday Sum-Up 1.21.14


Coffee, Yoga, and Doughnuts

What more do you need out of life than that?  

I feel as if I am finally winding down my last week and charging full speed into this next one. With the long weekend we just finished, I lost all sense of time and still barely know what day it is! Last week was quite a special week for my sorority and for me personally. If you do not know, I was elected to the COR (continuous open recruitment) position for the 2014 calendar year. Being a newly initiated sister, I had no clue what responsibilities would be put on me for this week. I only knew that I had to get stuff done, and I did. By no means did I represent my position alone though. All my sisters offered their help to me in some way and for that I am so grateful. I have this personal problem with letting people help me (it's a real struggle) so it was difficult to accept the fact that I could not do everything on my on and that I would need some assistance. Through this past week I have learned many valuable life skills and I am so glad I decided to take the COR position.

Aside from sorority events last week, I had my normal duties (aka: school and work) which were pretty simple. (It was only the second week of school, so it hasn't gotten too hard yet.)

Over the long weekend, my roommate and several hallmates and many of my friends went home to see their parents. At first I was kind of bummed, but I decided to make the best of it!

I went on a date with my boyfriend; we saw Lone Survivor. By the way, I recommend this movie to everyone, but do wear a long sleeve shirt or bring tissues because you will cry. 

I also got to spend some time to myself. [this is where the coffee, yoga, and doughnuts comes in] I took an evening just to myself and treated myself to some of my favorite things! It was nice to have a lazy evening alone, because in college "alone time" rarely exists. 

Last but not least, my mommy came and visited me yesterday! My mom, boyfriend, and I went out to lunch together and then spent the afternoon antique shopping. It was quite the wonderful day!

It was a long week to say the least, but I would not have changed any bit of it if I could. 

Now to go write my five page paper due Saturday!

Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment