1.24.2014

A Part of Me Wants to be an Inspiration

Recently, I watched Part of Me featuring Katy Perry on Netflix and (even though I am about 3 years late) I am inspired by this lady! I have been meaning to watch this documentary for about 2 years and now that I have, I am wondering why I did not watch it sooner.

Let me just say, being a freshman in college is crazy. Having freedom over the choices I make is stressful and rewarding all in one. In the past few months I have had to make many choices, some easy and some difficult, and in the next few years I will continue to make choices that affect my life.

Watching this documentary tonight was exactly what I needed! From this documentary I have learned to never give up on doing what I want to do. I have been reminded to not be ashamed of who I am and to not be afraid to go after what I want.

Not let's be real, I have no interest in becoming "famous." I have no interested in singing or dancing for a living. However, I do want to change the lives of "my" kids. From watching this documentary, I have new motivation to push myself to get high grades and tough internships in order to get into my choice of grad schools. I have a refreshed motivation to be the best I can be and to strive to be the Occupational Therapist I can be.

So I encourage you all to watch this if you haven't and also check me out on Your Sorority Sister if you have the time!

See Ya!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment